The Church at Thyatira, what Jesus says to a ______________________ Church.
Jesus is talking to the church at Thyatira about ___________________ and what is the price that I am paying for success?
Jesus has three messages to the church about success
1. The ______________________________do not guarantee the presence of success
It is not wrong to be successful, to do things for God, to make a difference in this world. It is wrong to be successful just for ________________________ sake.
Do I look just for the external signs? Or, am I looking for the eternal and internal presence of God’s will and ____________________in my life?
2. Success can carry too great a ________________.
The people of Thyatira had forgotten this truth, so they tolerated somebody that Jesus calls here, “Jezebel.” Somebody who taught___________________.
To work successfully in this city you had to participate in the trade guild. To participate meant eating in the guild celebrations held in the__________________. Celebrations that were often followed expressions of loose immorality.
In our grasping for success, we are all sometimes tempted to pay a price which leaves us with ultimate ____________________.
3. Hold fast to what you _________________________ .
How do you hold on to what you have? (verse 19)
Five principles for holding on to God’s successes in my life
1. “Your deeds”-- hold on to the _______________that God wants me to do.
2. “Your love”-- Success requires _______________________with others.
3. “Your faith”--Success demands ________________________ upon God.
4. “Your service”-- True success is not found in ________________ , but in giving yourself to others.
5. “Your perseverance”--Success, God’s kind of success—it takes___________.
Key: tolerant, success, signs of success, popularity’s, direction, price, immorality, idol’s temples, failure, have, works, right relationships, dependence, getting, time
Jesus’ message to the Church at Sardis is, “Don’t give up, __________ up.”
In Jesus’ introduction, He reminds them that He is the one who holds the seven-fold Spirit of God and the seven_________________.
The Seven-fold Spirit of God is the idea of God’s _____________________.
A prayer to pray when you feel like something is dead, to see it come to life again.
“Lord help me to see the________________, between what You see for my life and what is really happening in my life.”
Jesus Christ knows the difference between reputation and reality.
Gaps between my reputation and my __________________
Gaps between what I say and what I _____________
Gaps between my values and my ____________________
Gaps between where I was and where I am ____________ in my spiritual walk with Him.
Key: wake, stars, perfection, gaps, character, do, actions, now